Benvenuto!
I'll be uploading new notes and pictures as I travel throughout Europe, so check back often...
You can see photos of my travels by clicking under view all my photos at the right.
You can read my older notes by clicking under view all my posts at the right.
Feel free to comment on my notes by clicking comments after each post.


30 August 2007

7 Days...

Ciao,

Rather than fill up your inbox every few weeks with a giant email full of pictures and whatnot, I decided to set up this webpage. I'll write new notes and post new pictures as often as I can, so you should plan to check back on a weekly, daily, or hourly basis as you please. If you don't--fear not; I'll still send out an email every month or so to let you know how things are with me in Europe and to see how things are with you, wherever you might be. If you'd like a post card, email me your mailing address and I'll see what I can do. My mailing address is:
Brian Droste
University of Notre Dame Rome Studies Program
Via Monterone, 76
00186 Rome, Italy

This is the address of the actual school where my studio & classes are, but it is also where mail should be sent to. Mail should NOT be sent to my residence address and you shouldn't send anything remotely valuable because the Italian mail system is corrupt. I'll make my residence address, room number, and Italian cell number available as soon as I know them.

Right now I'm getting all my bags packed up for the big flight out. Packing enough to live on for 9 months really forces you to examine what you do and don't need in your daily life. For example, as much I hate to admit it, I had to toss the boxing gloves aside to make room for my laptop. All told, I have a little less than my own weight in clothes and architecture supplies to drag half-way around the world. Yikes. Click on "View all my photos" and look through the "7 Days..." album to see a few pictures of what I'm talking about...

Next up I'm headed to Notre Dame to watch the Irish take on Georgia Tech and spend some quality time with my friends on campus. After that, it's off to Paris, then Rome.

Hope all is well with you. Feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email. A piu tardi!

GO IRISH

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, friend!

Jimmy said...

ok, i added you too. let the snarky comment war commence.

a piu tardi? who do you think you are, the pope?