Benvenuto!
I'll be uploading new notes and pictures as I travel throughout Europe, so check back often...
You can see photos of my travels by clicking under view all my photos at the right.
You can read my older notes by clicking under view all my posts at the right.
Feel free to comment on my notes by clicking comments after each post.


02 March 2008

On the Road Again...

Quickly before I have to go pack again:

I had great times with the family both in Rome and Germany. It was fantastic seeing them all. It made me really realize how much I appreciate family and small town living. The original Drostes in Germany are a very entertaining bunch, particularly Heinz. More on that later.

Dublin was great. The Irish are a pretty jolly bunch who love their pubs and food. The weather wasn't the best, but the Guinness couldn't have been better. More on that later as well.

Tomorrow we're off on our third and final class field trip. We're traveling to Napoli (Naples), where I'll get to see just exactly how much trash an Italian tourist city can pile up in the streets and still function. From there we'll hop over to Sicilia (Sicily) for some more architectural study and exploration. Hopefully we'll steer clear of the mafia. I may even hit up a beach or two in my free time.

I've got my new friends Orson Scott Card and Roald Dahl accompanying me on my journey, as well as 46 of Notre Dame's finest and a crazy professor or two. I expect great adventures. Good night, good morrow, and I'll be home in less than two months...

Brian

No comments: